The winter months are always the least convenient time for a pipe or boiler to breakdown. This uneventful disaster may lead you to search for a plumber in a hurry or you may tend to perform the fixing on your own due to the scary stories that you have heard from your friends.
While it is rare for a plumber to be con artists, you need to be cautious in selecting a plumber that will be fixing your pipe problems. In order for you to avoid pseudo plumbers, you need to remember the below tips:
1. Get a recommendation from your friends or family. The best way for you to choose a reliable and a good plumber is to ask your friends or family first if they have someone in mind. Make sure to take into consideration the references that they are giving you.
Also, you can search through the internet for plumbers that have good reviews and comments on their work. Usually business sites provide you a list of plumbers that are available in your locale. Local businesses can also give you advice on existing plumbing agencies that provide excellent plumbers.
2. Try calling a builder or contractor if you know one. A contractor that offers plumbing services will give you utmost care and quality work to enable you to contact them again.
3. Don’t go by the price alone. In hiring a good plumber, you need to pay them a reasonable price for the value of work they will be providing as well as the results that they have given you. A quality result, great service and guaranteed work should be well compensated.
Also, a good plumber will provide you specific quotes of their work and will give you 100% job efficiency.
4. Always ask for a license. One of the basic rules in choosing a plumber is to ask if they are licensed and carry a full insurance that will protect you and your neighbor’s property in the event a mishap happens during repair.
5. Ask how long they are in the plumbing business. If you hire a plumbing company for your pipes, you need to ask them what specific services that they will be providing as well as how long they are already in the plumbing industry.
6. Ask for a guarantee. If you are not satisfied with their services, will they be paying you part of your money back? Or will they keep it even though you are already complaining of their bad services.
7. Ask for a plumber’s service warranty before hiring him. If he won’t be able to guarantee his work for a specific and acceptable period of time, it will serve as a warning to you. If you have an extensive plumbing work, a good plumber should return if the problem has not yet been resolved.
Having these pointers in mind, you will be able to choose a good plumber. After finding a good plumber, you need to trust them to fix your pipes and ask them for tips on what to do when a problem will occur.